Now With FlavorCrystals!

Friday, June 23, 2006

Watson's Girl

It's weird, but I have totally had many recents conversations regarding the Watson's girl, and then Erin sent me this:

COWTOWN CONFIDENTIAL

Enough to make your brain hurt

Hearne Christopher Jr.
Morrison

Misunderstood by many, lusted for by losers — the Watson’s Girl is about to be immortalized.

Full Frontal Comedy, a professional comedy improv troupe that operates out of the Olathe Community Theatre, will perform a spoof of longtime Watson’s pool and patio TV spokesmodel Jennifer Foley as part of its show “My Brain Hurts.”

“I play the Watson’s Girl, and Bill Case plays her stepdad,” says Full Frontal owner/director Tina Morrison. “It starts off with one of their commercials with me saying, It’s hot! You need a pool!”

“Then a reporter from The Kansas City Star — but not you — asks about their relationship. And I say, ‘Well, he’s my stepdad.’ And while she’s asking the questions, Bill and I are being a little touchy-feely. And she asks, ‘Why isn’t your mom in the commercials? What happened to her?’ ”

Columnist insert: For years Watson’s Girl aficionados have wondered if the older dude in the TV spots was some sort of sugar daddy. Both are on record in this column that that’s definitely not the case.

The skit continues …

“We get a little risqué with some of our answers with some double entendre stuff,” Morrison says. “Then the reporter says, ‘You guys are creeping me out. You guys have a little Woody Allen, Soon-Yi thing going on.’ ”

The skit screeches to a halt when the stepdad goes off on the Star scribe, Morrison says.

“The last thing he says as he walks out is, ‘Tell Hearne Christopher he can kiss my (rear)!’ ”

What Morrison really thinks of the Watson’s Girl: “She’s not shy about showing off her body; I’m sure she’s a lovely person,” Morrison says. “I’m sure a lot of men enjoy her commercials.”

Now that Morrison has played the Watson’s Girl role herself, is she ready to fill in for future a TV spot?

“No, I’m an A cup,” Morrison quips. “Nobody buys a pool from an A cup.”

The shows goes down tonight, Saturday and next weekend. For information call (913) 403-4340 or check out www.full frontalcomedy.org.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

So I guess the woman at the Royals game was OFFICIALLY lying to me. I thought it sounded sneaky when I heard that the Watsons girl lives in Nebraska. Darn, that ruins a fantastic story!! I might keep telling it anyway.

8:30 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home