Home Renovation
Cbaby, I'm working on the Christmas Tree pic, but I have to wait 'til Ian brings his digital camera back from his business trip.
Kitchen--The kitchen used to have green wallpaper. Also, we knocked out the area above the cabinets, creating the top shelf you see here. The shades were hand-me-downs from Ian's mom, but they help regulate the cold with our drafty windows.
BEFORE

AFTER

We want to put a door on where the kitchen goes into the backoffice, where the green paint is.

We painted the breakfast nook and mudroom off the back deck the same color to match.
BEFORE

AFTER
Bathroom--used to have mint green walls with cream paint below the tile line. very yucky. New--all eggshell bright white. You can't really see it in the "before' picture but the walls were painted the same mint green as the breakfast nook
BEFORE

AFTER

The back office was a lot of fun. I picked the paint color and Ian didn't think he'd like it, but it turned out fun. This is the room we watch TV in, work on music and art so we wanted it to be bright and fun to stimulate creativity and keep us awake. We have a lot of Ian's artwork and sculpture in here. Also, CBaby, if you look close on the shelf above the closet, you'll see a certain Big Boy. . .
BEFORE
AFTER


Our bedroom is this little, tiny room off the back office. It has this dumb door to the kitchen that I wish was a wall, but, alas, we sleep here. It's so small my "full" bed pretty much takes up the whole space. I used to have a red bedroom theme but Ian is a bit of an insomniac so we took down a lot of the artwork and tried to make it calming and sleepy. I think the paint color turned out perfectly. Someday we're going to put white curtains over the closet--the old folding doors are very ugly and '70s, and they take up too much floor space, so we have an open closet for now.
BEFORE

AFTER


Kitchen--The kitchen used to have green wallpaper. Also, we knocked out the area above the cabinets, creating the top shelf you see here. The shades were hand-me-downs from Ian's mom, but they help regulate the cold with our drafty windows.
BEFORE

AFTER

We want to put a door on where the kitchen goes into the backoffice, where the green paint is.

We painted the breakfast nook and mudroom off the back deck the same color to match.
BEFORE

AFTER
Bathroom--used to have mint green walls with cream paint below the tile line. very yucky. New--all eggshell bright white. You can't really see it in the "before' picture but the walls were painted the same mint green as the breakfast nookBEFORE

AFTER

The back office was a lot of fun. I picked the paint color and Ian didn't think he'd like it, but it turned out fun. This is the room we watch TV in, work on music and art so we wanted it to be bright and fun to stimulate creativity and keep us awake. We have a lot of Ian's artwork and sculpture in here. Also, CBaby, if you look close on the shelf above the closet, you'll see a certain Big Boy. . .
BEFORE

AFTER


Our bedroom is this little, tiny room off the back office. It has this dumb door to the kitchen that I wish was a wall, but, alas, we sleep here. It's so small my "full" bed pretty much takes up the whole space. I used to have a red bedroom theme but Ian is a bit of an insomniac so we took down a lot of the artwork and tried to make it calming and sleepy. I think the paint color turned out perfectly. Someday we're going to put white curtains over the closet--the old folding doors are very ugly and '70s, and they take up too much floor space, so we have an open closet for now.
BEFORE

AFTER



5 Comments:
It is bee-u-tee-ful!
I'm glad to see Big Boy has a prominent place. I'm also a little concerned that it might be hard to consult with him on that very high shelf. On the other hand, it might be a good sign that we no longer feel the need to consult a fast-food icon before making important life decisions.
10:11 AM
Very nice. Action Figure Jesus would approve.
1:06 PM
Action Figure Jesus could hook up with Big Boy--they could hang out, knock back a few brewskis and contemplate the universe. They would have mad skillz as plastic desktop advisors. Anyway, I don't go to Big Boy as much--I find his emphatic "yes man" nodding to be overly sycophantic. I prefer the Quan-Yin on my dresser than Ian got me in China. She's so serene, pouring out compassion, standing on her lotus blossum. She's more reserved, she witholds judgement and so it's easier to make a decision. You say "Quan-Yin, do you think I should put out a contract on my future sister-in-law" and she just stares serenely, as if to say "if that is what will keep your soul in balance, then by all means, my child. However, make sure you choose a compassionate hit man or you'll have bad karma."
2:27 PM
Compassionate or not, would you really take a karma hit if you did something to improve the life of so many people?
7:45 PM
everything looks great! I guess all that hard work is paying off!!!
I like.
Very posh.
11:01 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home