Reasons I Haven't Been Blogging
Here's a short list of what I did around the house last week.
- removed popcorn ceiling from bedroom
- painted bedroom
- painted back office and trim
- removed carpeting in back office and bedroom (now have hardwood floors--yay!)
- removed wallpaper from kitchen
- demolished drywall above cabinets in kitchen
- painted kitchen and breakfast room
- painted bathroom
Does everyone else hate the holiday season or is it just me? I love Halloween but in my mind it's downhill from there. I know it's not exactly unique to be exhausted and overwhelmed with all the feasts while trying to watch your waistline, the extra housework and decorating, the gift-buying and wrapping, and the social engagements. But I do get a little Scroog-ey this time of year.

4 Comments:
I'm not big on the holidays either. I make it a point to see the important people in my life no matter what...I don't need special days for it.
9:14 AM
How did you remove the popcorn ceiling? I lied awake last night wondering. I don't personally have them, but I've often wanted to remove them from other people's homes...
7:54 AM
First, say goodbye to your relationship with your significant other!
No, really. We had to move all our furniture out of the bedroom, cover everything left in the room with plastic tarps taped down. Then you get a scraper and off you go. We actually are going to drywall over the ceiling (the molding has to come down anyway) and re-paint, eventually. But, sleeping in the guest bedroom (which only has a twin bed) for three days was enough of a strain on us for now.
9:42 AM
woot
6:03 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home