*sigh* The Latest Bullshit from Kansas

The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster appeals to the Kansas School Board for equal time for their theory of intelligent design. Involves a graph of global warming's inverse relationship with the number of pirates.
Also, this makes me sad:( More crazy Blue Valley parents want to ban books. It's not enough to undermine science, now they're going after literature!
Finally, I wrote a letter to Russ Kokoruda condemning their effort. His response below:
Elizabeth, it is great to hear from you. Great message. I will make sure it gets passed on to the right people. It sounds like things are going well for you. You should be very proud. Thanks for caring so much. Continued success in whatever you do. Dr. K
Executive Director of School Administration
I can't decide if he's really being nice or just saying "okay, shut up Elizabeth, nobody cares what you have to say."
The graphic at the top of this post is from this cool website--my new favorite source for T-Shirts you don't really need with witty comments on them that seem funny now, but everyone gets sick of after a couple of weeks. I found a shirt for my nephew that says "The Dude Abides."
For hope that some people are still getting it right in Kansas, check out my minister Thom Belote's blog for more info on Kansans for Responsible Sex Education. If you like what they're about, sign their petition.

4 Comments:
The Kokorudas are old family friends. It's funny that Russ is high up in the system now. I remember when he was a coach at Shawnee Mission NW.
12:39 PM
Holy fucking dammit hell sonofabitch bullshit parent nazi facist crazy censor-mongering asshole illiterate blind retarded stupid blue valley bored rich white lame cum-guzzling CREEPS!
Bad fucking words in books don't fucking make people vulgar! I read all of the books on their fucking vulgar list, and I am fucking fine.
Wankers.
12:44 PM
In some ways I wish I was still in school there so I could enter an Astrology chart in a science fair. Since Astrology, Voodoo, Chiropracty and Ghost Busting are now legitimate sciences.
Although it does suck to live with the knowledge that I'll be in the first group against the wall when the revolution comes and the theocracy happens.
6:58 AM
Koko-puff!
Sounds to me like he was being sincere.
Rich: We'll be back to back in battle, my friend.
9:26 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home