Now With FlavorCrystals!

Monday, July 25, 2005

Disney's Dark Age


Actually, the discussion about The Little Mermaid got me thinking about how that movie seemed so great. I've seen it since then, you know, babysitting and whatnot, and I don't actually think it's that great of a film. You have to put it into the context of what animation was out there before then. The Little Mermaid came out in 1989 and was viewed as Disney's "re-birth" after a period of really crappy animation. Remember back then Disney was the only game in town when it came to animation. So I got curious and just for nostalgia's sake, here are the animated films of the '70's and '80's.

The Aristocats (12/24/1970)
Robin Hood (11/08/1973)
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (03/11/1977)
The Rescuers (06/22/1977)
The Fox and the Hound (07/10/1981)
The Black Cauldron (07/24/1985)
The Great Mouse Detective (07/02/1986)
Oliver and Company (11/18/1988)
The Little Mermaid (11/17/1989)

OK, OK, so I sorta liked The Rescuers. And The Black Cauldron does have a certain cult appeal. But all in all, kinda makes ya glad for Pixar, huh?

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Robin Hood, huh? Well, to each her own:) Dalmations was in the late '60s. Robin Hood I consider to be kind of on the beginning of the down-slide, but it had its moments.

7:31 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home