Thousands of foaming-at-the-mouth, rabid obsessed fans can't be wrong.
Got this from Amazon today--my translation below:
Hello from Amazon.com.
We're happy to let you know that we've begun preparing your order for
"Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" for delivery.
Yes, yes, we haven't forgotten you pre-ordered your book six months ago. Have you?
You should have the book(s) in your hands no later than 7:00 p.m. in
your time zone on Saturday, July 16. Most books will be delivered by
U.S. Mail, either with your regular mail delivery or in a separate,
special mail delivery. Some orders may be delivered by UPS.
Because our carriers are delivering hundreds of thousands of books on
that day, we do ask that you wait until 7:00 p.m. before contacting
customer service if you haven't received your order.
Don't call us, you crazy, robe-wearing, scar-in-eyeliner-on-your-forehead-drawing, wand-waving freaks!
Although we're not requiring a signature, we still recommend that
someone be home to accept the package, as the driver may not leave it on
your doorstep if they don't feel it's safe to do so.
Someone might steal your copy of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince before you get to read and and WE WILL NOT REPLACE IT FOR YOU! So tough cookies.
You'll receive our usual shipment confirmation e-mail after your package
leaves our fulfillment center.
Thanks for shopping at Amazon.com, and happy reading!
Luckily, I live right by a major distribution center, so I'm not too worried.
But, with God as my witness, if it's not in my hands by 7:01 p.m., I'm gonna go down there and fuck their shit up. . .

3 Comments:
I called Target's customer service today to try and find out about what time mine would be delivered. I got a very impatient and well-practiced reply that I had to contact UPS, because delivery is their deal. So I called UPS. While the representative's words were perfectly polite, her tone said, "You are the 400,000th person with this same question this week. You are not special. You will get your book when you get it and NO SOONER! GET OFF MY PHONE!!"
-Jen
12:55 PM
so, are you and Eric ordering two copies or what? How will you both be reading it by the pool Saturday?
Trelawny says:
"I SENSE AN IMPENDING ARM-WRESTLING MATCH IN YOUR NEAR FUTURE. THE STRUGGLE WILL BE EPIC, BUT AS DARKNESS FALLS ON THE SIXTEENTH DAY OF AUGUST, SHE WHO CONTROLS THE P*SSY WILL PREVAIL. . ."
1:21 PM
Two copies were purchased, becuase we were thinking ahead!
We're smart!
1:45 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home