From Andy
Andy is like a little brother to me and he sent me this today--thought it was post-worthy:
All --
To those of you I have and have not talked to recently, Hello! You are all in my thoughts.
My job is already pretty neat, but today (weather permitting) it will cross into the realm of super-coolness. STS-114, Space Shuttle Discovery is scheduled to launch from Kennedy Space Center in Florida at 2:51pm CST. This will be the first shuttle launch in 2.5yrs, and the first shuttle trip to the International Space Station in more than 2.5yrs. Now, as you may know, I work station - not shuttle - so you may be asking, 'why do I care?' Well, the shuttle is the only heavy-lift vehicle capable of delivering the structural components to the station. So without the shuttle, there is no way for the station to grow. Without growth, I have a very limited future as a station Thermal Control Operator, and so does the President's vision for space and the possibility of ever seeing an American on the Moon again, or Mars to follow. Please cross your fingers, say a prayer, wish our explorers god-speed, and get to a TV with CNN/Fox News/something. It should be fun. It will be important.
Andrew M. Hillin DF84/ ISS TCS - THOR

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home