Dispatches from Couple-Dom
- Friday: Attended Ian's friend's birthday party. Apparently, at 32 a birthday party means less of the "let's-ride-the-bull-at-the-Beaumont-and-do-body-shots" kind of celebrating and more of the "let's host a nice dinner for a few close friends in our new Brookside house" kind of party. It was still cool, though.
- Saturday: (part one) helped Ian build a walkway from our patio to our driveway, which previously was a pathway of dead grass and mud that we walked across daily. We installed plastic garden border, filled with sand and gravel. Ian is handy.
- Saturday: (part two) Attended not one, but two housewarming parties. (EVERYONE is buying houses. Next come the babies. . .) I have given up on giving housewarming gifts. There is no way to choose crap for someone else's decor, taste, etc. Now I give gift magazine subscriptions to either Domino or Ready Made, depending on the individual. And, it's only $12-$19 and you can buy online. Good stuff, I tell you.
- Sunday: (part one) Spent time with Ian's middle-school-aged nephews, jumping off the high dive at the pool. Pretty fun.
- Sunday: (part two) Dinner with a baby-bound couple of friends of mine. Houlihan's. The excitement by this point was almost overwhelming. But I managed to keep my bunny together for what was in store for Monday. . .
- Monday: Completely allergy-proofed the house, including getting rid of throw rugs and blinds (they are REALLY bad about collecting dust, and even though I dust them once a week it's just not doing anything). Ian pulled out most of the non-functional basement bathroom and found a ton of black mold. However, my environmental bubble is still on back order. . .
5 Comments:
Wow...that sounds like a very busy weekend. I watched movies and then I fell asleep.
Oh, and I drank.
And Sarah and Jen took turns licking my nipples. That was about it. You are much more weekend-savvy than I am, I think.
1:56 PM
I thought it was ASHLEY and Jen. . .
2:25 PM
Sarah came over the other night...Ashley doesn't know, so don't say anything! Shhhhhh!
7:41 AM
Hi EBeth,
Thanks for the invite... I should post more, I know - I just get immersed into other stuff.
LENEXA may get shown at some KC screening - trying to get some festival play for it. I'll try to let you know when it screens in the area. I'd like to get it into Harvest of Arts Festival in Lawrence this October, but it may be too long for the festival.
8:49 AM
I'm afraid of houses. Not sure if it's because of the work involved, or the babies that tend to follow...
11:42 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home