Now With FlavorCrystals!

Saturday, August 27, 2005

Post-Op Day #2

God, this sucks. I didn't think your throat could actually hurt so bad that it hurts when you touch it on the outside, too. My nose, also. Everything completely and totally hurts and I'm worthless without my pain meds. All I can do without them is moan and feel sorry for myself, but with them I pretty much trip and sleep, so it's a real catch-22. I can't breathe well out of any orifice, and I have lost like a billion pounds in water weight and I feel dizzy and hsit. Well, here's hoping today goes a little better now. Eating ice chips yay.

4 Comments:

Blogger L. Rob Hubb said...

I had my tonsils out in the summer of 1980... it may be a minor procedure, but it didn't feel like it on on the receiving end of the knife.

It will get better after the fourth day or so... you have to be sure to keep yourself hydrated. It hurts like hell to swallow, and you may not feel like trying to drink anything, but you gotta do it.

In a few days, you'll be over the hump and it'll start getting better.

4:27 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You poor thing! This sounds horrible. Good luck with the ice chips - in my experience with gum surgery getting something in your stomach really helps, even though it is totally gross.

You are going to feel so much better when it all heals!

12:23 PM

 
Blogger Shanshu said...

If I wasn't going to the beach this weekend, I would totally come over and bring you presents and goodies!

6:37 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, Shanshu--I hate you going to the beach and all. If I could quit my job, and if we hadn't spent all our money in the third level of hell know as my future in-law's engagement party, you know I'd go with!

3:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home