Now With FlavorCrystals!

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Embrace the Pain!

Due to my employment in the museum industry, I have always worked an odd schedule. At my current position, the museum's business hours are Tuesday through Sunday, and I work on a rotating schedule of Monday through Friday, then Tuesday through Saturday. This means that on any given weekend I either get just one day off, Sunday, or three days off (Sat-Sun-Mon). Lots of people say they wish they could have a Monday off every other week, in order to "get stuff done" but it's not really that cool to run around at the DMV, the Post Office, etc. on your day off. Also, on the weekend with only Sunday off it basically feels like working two straight weeks without a break. None of your friends can play with you on your Monday off, and on Saturdays you have to work they're all doing something spectacularly cool. It's just not that great.

Anyway, I had Monday off this weekend, and had two doctor's appointments and one dentist's appointment. In a 1-2-3 Whammy of poking and prodding, I had the fun stirrup visit at my doctor's, a teeth-cleaning and new invisalign tray at my dentist's, and a follow-up for my surgery at my ENT's.

Those of you who remember braces probably will never forget the unique pain of teeth moving just after a braces-tightening? Well, the first three invisalign trays were easy--no problem. I just started the fourth set and DAMN do they hurt! But, secretly, I like it a little bit. However, I have one of those headaches that feels like I've been grinding my teeth, although I haven't.

In other weekend news, I bought a wedding dress this weekend! Or rather, my mom charged half on her credit card, details, details. I had really been agonizing over the decision because I just hadn't found anything I liked, and then we went to this place I didn't even want to go to but my Mom wanted to go, and ended up falling in love with this dress--I even got a teensy tiny bit choked up when I tried it with the veil and everything. I won't say more here 'cause Ian reads this blog so you may not have the details!

In regard to my previous post, things have turned the corner. We spent Saturday garage sale-ing together as a threesome, and Sunday we enjoyed church and post-church bagels at my parents, so things seem like they're entering a reconciliation period. We are currently planning a house-wide Halloween party involving ALL our combined friends, so that helps, too. See, just when I get annoyed enough about something to complain about it to the entire blogverse, it resolves itself:)

1 Comments:

Blogger PJ said...

Geez...I haven't been poked and prodded that much since...

Wait. Never mind. The weekend was just a couple of days ago.

12:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home